- FreshDirect: $150.07
Right on budget! I wish I could say that this was intentional. I was under and then added just a few more things to my cart and ended up right on the nose.
Where the $$$ Went
- Produce (all organic):
- Zucchini, tomatoes, cucumbers, blueberries, avocados, carrots, collard greens, cilantro, onions, sweet potatoes
- Meat/Protein: Pork shoulder, ground lamb, chicken thighs, pork sausage
- Dairy/Beverages: Milk, yogurt
- Baby Food: None (I'll likely regret that this week as we're running low!)
- Packaged Foods: None
- Pantry Items/Miscellaneous: Red curry paste, apple butter
- Baked Goods: None
What We're Eating This Week
Yogurt/granola, waffles, fruit, avocado toast and smoothies
Leftovers, sweet potato miso soup (freezer), Spanish-style beans and rice (my toddler LOVES rice and beans when we go out, so I finally got it together and made them at home)
- Curried Lamb in Zucchini Boats with peas and cauliflower sides
- BBQ Pulled Pork with corn and green beans
- Summer Vegetable Pasta Salad
- Several curried lamb zucchini boats
- Coconut carrot souffle
- Blueberry breakfast sausage
- Pulled pork
- Slow-cooker chicken curry with greens
Week in Review
We stuck to one dinner out of the house, although it was earlier in the week than we'd planned. The heat has been killing us and our house just isn't comfortable in this weather. That being said, a well stocked fridge and solid meal plan led us to eating a healthy tofu, mushroom and snow pea stir fry with sesame couscous on Friday night instead of pizza or takeout Chinese food.
I'm toying with the idea of a Whole30 in the next couple of weeks to clean up and refresh my diet. We eat pretty well, but there are things we want to eat less of (sugar, for me and grains for my husband). Our definition of healthful eating doesn't quite jive with the full Whole30 rules, hence my hesitation. While I decide where we are going, I found a once-a-month cooking freezer menu with some really delicious sounding options to replenish our freezer stash. I figured it couldn't hurt to mix some of these in with our regular non-Whole30 compliant healthy meals too.
Goals for This Week
- Stick to the meal plan (especially for lunches this week, where we need a little more help).
- Take stock (again) of freezer contents and slot in some meals/items that are getting stale.
Please check out the other bloggers on this journey as well:
- Emily Levenson
- McGinnis and Bean
- Red Pen Mama
- Erra Creations
- Seeking White Space
- Gardening in High Heels
- Melissa Firman
- Copy & Post
- Shea Lennon
- Warm as Pie
- Two Eggs Over Easy
For more on my experience with this project, check out the whole Project: Food Budget series!